05 Mar Getting Started Finding the Flow
When it comes to Creative Writing, there are a few common questions that always come to mind…
Artemis Art is organizing a Creative Writing class called “Getting Started Finding the Flow“, in collaboration with the well-known Malaysian literary champion Ms. Sharon Bakar. Classes commence on Thursday, March 22, 2012, for ten consecutive Thursdays, until May 24, 2012. Each session lasts two hours, from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
The course is structured around practical exercises â€“ you will be doing a lot of writing in the classroom and share what you have written with the group. You must be prepared to also work hard between each session. You will be given assignments each week and I ask that you try to set aside time (preferably one hour) each day during the course to write. By the end of the course you should have notebooks full of raw material you can extract for finished pieces of writing and have an insight into what genres and style of writing suits you best, and where you might eventually publish your work.
Group size is kept small (maximum of 12 participants) to ensure that each participant gets personal attention in a supportive and relaxed atmosphere.
What can you expect to gain from the course? Well, among other things:
- It will give you the chance to find out whether you really do want to write and whether you can fit writing into your busy life.
- It will show you where to find ideas for things to write about, and how to access your own inner themes and stories.
- It will give you your first opportunity, perhaps, of putting your words out in a public forum for feedback and discussion.
- It will give you tips and guidelines about the writing process, many of them from the lips and pens of established fiction writers and poets.
- It will give you the chance to polish at least one piece of work for possible publication.
- It will help you to find other people who are interested in writing who may well become long-term writing buddies.
A brochure for this course is available for download (PDF).
To enrol, or if you require further information, pleaseÂ leave us a note, or e-mail us directly either at [email protected] or [email protected]. Hurry, as we are limiting each session to 12 persons, and the places are filling up fast.